Win a Fabulous Basket from Crespo Olives!Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Olives are a staple in my house. We love to snack on them or smear tapenade on whole grain crackers. Olives not only taste fantastic, they’re also good for you. Find out why these gems are so healthy then enter to win a fantastic gift basket sponsored by Crespo Olives du Marche.
Every cell in our body requires fat. It’s one of our body’s primary source of energy and needed in order to transport our fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E & K). Fat also provides structure to every cell in our body, helps protect our internal organs and helps provide our body with insulation and the ability to retain heat.
Fat also plays a role in food. It provides mouth feel (think onion rings) and gives food delicious flavor (think fried chicken)—that’s why the motto at the culinary school I taught at was “fat = flavor.” The key, however, is to choose foods containing healthy types of fats specifically monounsaturated fat.
Olives are a great source of monounsaturated fat, which has been shown to help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and help lower blood pressure. These babies are also full of antioxidants and phytochemicals (plant chemicals that help fight and prevent disease). Research also shows that olives offer a wide range of anti-inflammatory benefits.
About Crespo Olives du Marche
Crespo is a family owned company, offering over 120 quality olive products. The 1.05 ounce pouches make olives easy and convenient for a grab-and-go snack or to pack in your kids lunch box. The tapenades come in three different varieties and are perfect as a veggie dip or topping for fish and chicken. There is a wide range of flavors to choose from such as chili & parsley and green olives with anchovy stuffing. Who knew you could enjoy olives in so many different ways?!
The Crespo Olives du Marche gift basket includes:
- 1 (1.05 oz) pouch Pitted Green Olives with Chili Peppers
- 1 (1.05 oz) pouch Pitted Green Olives with Herbs & garlic
- 1 (2.46 oz) pouch Pitted Dry Black Olives with Herbs (Greek-Style)
- 1 (4.23 oz) jar Green Olives stuffed with Almonds
- 1 (3.52 oz) Black Tapenade
- 1 (3.52 oz) Green Tapenade
- 1 (3.52 oz) Natural Black Tapenade
- 1 (3.88 oz) tub Pitted Green Olives with Herbs & vinegar
- 1 (3.88 oz) tub Pitted Natural Black Olives with Herbs & Vinegar
- 1 (3.88 oz) tub Pitted Green Olives with Coriander & Pepper
- 1 (3.88 oz) tub Pitted Green Olives with Chili & Parsley
- 1 (2.99 oz) tin Green Olives with Garlic Stuffing
- 1 (2.99 oz) tin Green Olives with Blue Cheese Stuffing
- 1 (2.99 oz) tin Green Olives with Jalapeño Stuffing
- 1 (2.99 oz) tin Green Olives with Anchovy Stuffing
Giveaway begins: Wednesday September 19, 2012 at 11:00 am EST
Giveaway ends: Thursday September 20, 6:00 pm EST.
Tell me in the comments area “Which Crespo Olives product would you like to try?”
For additional entries do any or all of the below and come back and create a new comment to tell me. Use a separate new comment for each or it will only count as one entry.
- Follow me on twitter
- Like me on Facebook
- Like Crespo on Facebook
- Copy and paste this tweet, then come back and comment with the link of your tweet. (allowed only once per day)
Enter for your chance to win @tobyamidor #giveaways http://tobyamidornutrition.com/?p=1562 #food #yum
When entering, be sure to include your email address in the “Email” field when posting your comment so I can let you know if you won. You do not need to purchase anything to win. Only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states, D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to win. Crespo Olives du Marche provided me with product for this review and has sponsored the prize offered.Filed under Giveaway | Comments: more