11 Sep Win Eight O’ Clock Coffee!
Good news for coffee drinks – there is no need to feel guilty about your coffee habit. In fact, studies have shown that coffee can be beneficial for your health. Check out the health benefits of drinking your cup of Joe then enter to win a prize from Eight O’ Clock Coffee.
Health Benefits of Coffee
Recent research has touted coffee as a health food, thanks to the antioxidants it contains. Moderate coffee consumption has been shown to reduce a person’s risk of heart failure, stroke, and lessen the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Both regular and decaf varieties have also been shown to help the body metabolize glucose more efficiently, making it helpful for prevention and treatment of type-2 diabetes. Just be mindful of what you put in your coffee. Adding loads of sugar and calorie-laden creamers can negate some of the health benefits.
Tips for a Stress-Free Morning
By now the laid back days of summer are already a distant memory as busy schedules fill up your calendar. Mornings tend to be one of the busiest times of day in my house. Eight O’ Clock Coffee has provided us with 7 tips on getting your day off to a stress-free start.
- Forget stopping for your morning coffee – that takes a lot of time and money. Prep your coffee pot the night before, so all you have to do when you wake up is flip the switch. Your coffee will brew as you get everyone ready and out the door.
- Invest in a great travel mug to take your freshly brewed coffee to go.
- Keep a calendar with everyone’s schedules on it right next to the coffeemaker. You can glance at it in the morning and know what’s in store for the day.
- Pack lunches and plan outfits the night before to avoid morning confusion. It can also save you from aggravation from kids who can’t decide what to wear (like my 2 gals)!
- Keep grab-and-go breakfast foods, like granola bars and bananas, on hand.
- Give yourself a time cushion for unexpected delays (don’t wake up at the last minute!). This year, I started setting an alarm for my 7 year old.
- Instead of dumping leftover coffee, store it in the fridge before you walk out the door. An iced coffee can serve as a nice afternoon pick-me-up.
Enter to Win!
The Eight O’Clock gift pack includes:
- One (12-ounce) bag of the Eight O’ Clock Coffee Original blend
- One (11 ounce) bag of the Eight O’ Clock Columbian blend
- One Eight O’ Clock Coffee mug
Giveaway begins: Tuesday September 11, 2012 at 9:30am EST
Giveaway ends: Wednesday September 12, 2012 at 5pm EST
Tell me in the comments area “How do you make time for your morning coffee?”
For additional entries do any or all of the below and come back and create a new comment to tell me. Use a separate new comment for each or it will only count as one entry.
- Follow me on twitter
- Like me on Facebook
- Follow Eight O’ Clock Coffee on twitter
- Like Eight O’ Clock Coffee on Facebook
- Copy and paste this tweet, then come back and comment with the link of your tweet. (allowed only once per day)
GIVEAWAY: Enter for your chance to win @8OClockCoffee http://tobyamidornutrition.com/?p=1554 @tobyamidor #giveaways
When entering, be sure to include your email address in the “Email” field when posting your comment so I can let you know if you won. You do not need to purchase anything to win. Only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states, D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to win. Eight O’ Clock Coffee provided me with product for this review and has sponsored the prize offered.