13 Feb Win Lisa Johnson’s Fitness Videos
Exercise does a mind and body good, but between work, family and social obligations, getting to the gym can sometimes feel like an impossible feat. Investing in a few workout DVDs is a great solution, especially if you’re in a time crunch. Finding 10 minutes in the morning or while dinner is cooking can be a lot easier when you don’t even have to leave the house.
Meet Lisa Johnson
Lisa Johnson has been a personal trainer since 1997, a certified Pilates instructor since 1998 and owns a Pilates Studio (Modern Pilates) since 1999. I met Lisa last summer when she was in town for a conference. She’s one of the most down to earth and fit mom’s I know, plus she’s wicked smart (ahem, a Harvard grad!).
When Lisa told me about her new DVDs, I just had to get my hands on them: Modern Pilates and Body Physica Intense. Both workouts are geared towards beginner, intermediate and advanced levels that target all of the major muscle groups in the body. Body Physica Intense is broken down into 4 high intensity interval-training workouts that require just 10-minutes each. We can all find at least 10 minutes each day to get our body moving.
Build Exercise Into Your Day
Lisa’s DVD is a perfect addition to any exercise repertoire. But remember, there are always quick ways to get moving in your daily life:
- Skip elevators and escalators and take the stairs whenever possible
- Get off the subway or train one or two stops earlier or park your car at the furthest spot from the door to get some walking time in
- Take a few extra laps around the block before you pick up your lunch
- Use TV commercials to do planks, push-ups, sit-ups, leg lifts and triceps dips
- Rather than sitting still, walk around your house whenever you’re on the phone
- Invest in a pedometer and challenge yourself to increase the number of steps you take each day
Giveaway begins: Wednesday February 13, 2013 at 8:00 AM ET
Giveaway ends: Thursday February 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM ET
Tell me in the comments area “How do you squeeze in exercise on busy days?”
For additional entries do any or all of the below and come back and create a new comment to tell me. Use a separate new comment for each or it will only count as one entry.
- Follow me on twitter
- Like me on Facebook
- Follow Lisa Johnson on twitter
- Find Lisa Johnson on Facebook
- Copy and paste this tweet, then come back and comment with the link of your tweet. (allowed only once per day)
Enter to win TWO @LisaJohnson fitness DVDs from @tobyamidor http://tobyamidornutrition.com/?p=1965 #giveaway #pilates
When entering, be sure to include your email address in the “Email” field when posting your comment so I can let you know if you won. You do not need to purchase anything to win. Only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states, D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to win. Lisa Johnson provided me with DVDs for this review and has sponsored the prize offered.