02 Apr Giveaway: Fabulous Apron from Faux Gourmet!
Feeling fabulous while I cook gets me in the kitchen in a flash. Although I love my 4-inch sparkly heels, I just can’t wear them while I cook. When I came across Faux Gourmet, I simply loved their philosophy about “looking…and cooking the part.” They sell matching tutu-inspired aprons for both kids and adults. Once you’ve got the gear, it’s time for everyone to start cooking!
Cooking with Kids
Getting your kids cooking in the kitchen from an early age offers numerous benefits:
- It’s a fun way to bond with them.
- Entices kids’ senses and offers new challenges
- It gets kids excited about healthy eating
- It helps encourage kids to try new foods
- At the market. Bring your kids along while grocery shopping. It’s a great way to get them excited about healthy eating and to get them involved in meal planning and preparation. I enjoy taking my kids to the local farmer’s market on Saturdays. They love chatting with the farmers about the produce they see.
- Prep Time. Assign individual age-appropriate tasks from to each child (if you’re cooking with several kids). Leave simple tasks like washing producte and fetching packages (from lower shelves) to younger kids while cracking eggs, mixing ingredients, and setting the table to the older ones. Be sure the tasks keep them involved during the entire process from shopping and planning to preparation and clean up. This will keep your kids stimulated, interested, and exposed to all the different stages of cooking.
For more ideas, check out one of my previous posts on cooking with kids
Giveaway begins: Tuesday April 2, 2013 at 8:00 am ET
Giveaway ends: Wednesday April 3, 2013 at 11:59 pm ET
Mandatory Entry: Tell me in the comments area “What do you love cooking with your kids?”
Additional Entries: For additional entries do any or all of the below and come back and create a new comment to tell me. Use a separate new comment for each or it will only count as one entry.
- Follow me on twitter
- Like me on Facebook
- Follow Faux Gourmet on twitter
- Follow Faux Gourmet on Facebook
- Copy and paste this tweet, then come back and comment with the link of your tweet. (allowed only once per day)
Enter to win a fabulous @faux_gourmet apron from http://tobyamidornutrition.com/?p=2187 via @tobyamidor #giveaway
When entering, be sure to include your email address in the “Email” field when posting your comment so I can let you know if you won. You do not need to purchase anything to win. Only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states, D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to enter. Faux Gormet has sponsored the prize offered.