The Inside Scoop: Woman’s Day Red Dress AwardsThursday, February 16, 2017
By Toby Amidor, MS, RD
I’m a sponsored CocoaVia® brand influencer, but all opinions are my own. Please see below for additional disclosure.
Last week I attended the Woman’s Day Red Dress Awards at Lincoln Center on behalf of the CocoaVia® brand. It was in honor of heart health month, which is February. As heart disease greatly affects my family and myself, it was an honor to participate in the evening’s events.
Red Dresses, Red Carpet
It was amazing to be in a room full of women wearing red dresses all for a single cause, fighting against the number one killer of women! The red carpet was also filled with celebrities like Hoda Kotb and Joy Bauer from the Today Show. The event was hosted by the talented Jane Lynch and Melissa Etheredge rocked the house with her heartfelt music.
The CocoaVia® brand was a natural fit as my sponsor for attending this event, as it’s a supplement that contains cocoa flavanols, and numerous studies have demonstrated that these flavanols promote healthy blood flow from head to toe. †. CocoaVia® is also the lead sponsor of the Red Dress Awards.
The Benefits of Cocoa Flavanols
Cocoa flavanols are the beneficial plant-based nutrients found naturally in cocoa. CocoaVia® supplement delivers the highest concentration of cocoa flavanols in a cocoa extract supplement today. It is the cocoa flavanols in chocolate, not the percentage cacao or darkness of the chocolate, which are beneficial for your health.
CocoaVia® supplement is made using the patented Cocoapro® process. Here are 4 ways you can add the CocoaVia® powdered stick pack versions to your breakfast:
- Add to your morning fruit smoothie
- Mix it in a bowl of oatmeal topped with berries
- Add to your morning cup of coffee
- Mix into natural peanut butter and spread over whole grain toast
Or, you can also take the CocoaVia® capsules (3 per serving)!
Use this promo code*** to get 25% off when you make a purchase: RDA25
The Red Dress Awards ceremony included numerous women at the frontlines of the battle against heart disease. The awards were given to women who have worked hard to fight heart disease including:
- Laila Ali: Wellness & fitness expert, former champion boxer, television personality and advocate for the American Heart Association. Her podcast, Laila Ali Lifestyle, encourages all women to be proactive in preventing issues by making healthy lifestyle choices.
- LaQuitta “Shai” Wilkins, BSN, RN: Miss Black Alabama USA 2016, registered pediatric nurse, and American Heart Association volunteer. She has been a leader in raising awareness of heart health.
- Janine Austin Clayton, MD: Associate director for Research on Women’s Health at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and director of the Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH), NIH. Janine Austin Clayton is leading the NIH’s policy change initiative that requires scientists to include females in research. Although heart disease is the number-one killer of women, scientific findings have historically focused on men.
- Holly S. Andersen, MD: Director of education and outreach for the Ronald O. Perelman Heart Institute at Presbyterian Hospital–Weill Cornell Medical Center, associate professor of medicine and attending cardiologist, and Medical Advisor, Women’s Heart Alliance. She is one of the country’s top advocates for women’s heart health, and a leading authority on preventive cardiology. Dr. Andersen was awarded the CocoaVia® Healthy Heart Award.
†This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
***Limit one use per customer on a maximum of three units per item. Excludes cases and expires 2/28/2017.
I am participating in a VN campaign. This is a sponsored post by the CocoaVia® brand. The content and opinions expressed above are my own. I am no way affiliated with the CocoaVia® brand and do not earn a commission or percent of sales.
I am participating in a VN campaign.
Filed under Product Reviews | Comments: 0