Asian Lettuce Cups
Asian Lettuce Cups
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 2 lettuce cups
- Calories: 126
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 213 mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Recipe from THE GREEK YOGURT KITCHEN by Toby Amidor. Copyright© 2014 by Toby Amidor. Used with permission by Grand Central Publishing. All rights reserved. Photo courtesy of Hollan Publishing.
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ jalapeno pepper, cut into ⅛-inch dice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 (10-ounce) bag broccoli slaw (4 cups)
- Cooking spray
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce
- Place the chicken between layers of plastic wrap. Using a mallet, pound the chicken to an even ½-inch thickness. In a large bowl, combine the jalapeno, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, and mustard to make the marinade. Place the chicken in the marinade, being sure to coat it completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or as long as 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ½ cup water with the peanut butter, lime juice, fish sauce, Sriracha, garlic, and ginger. Whisk together until smooth. Add the yogurt and continue to stir until well combined. Add the mint, basil, and broccoli slaw to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat it over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken, discarding the excess marinade, and cook, turning the pieces over halfway through, until browned, 10 minutes.Remove from the pan and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Then cut or tear the chicken into a least 16 bite-size pieces.
- To assemble, create cups with leaves of the Bibb lettuce. Place 2 tablespoons of the slaw into each cup and top with 1 piece of chicken.