26 Oct Baked Artichoke Dip with Fontina Cheese
Baked Artichoke Dip with Fontina Cheese
By: Toby Amidor
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 62
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 259mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
Recipe type: Appetizer
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Greek Yogurt Kitchen: More Than 130 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day. Grand Central Publishing, 2014. Photo courtesy of Hollan Publishing.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 (13.75 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 2 scallions
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded (6 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees F.
- Mince the garlic. Rinse, drain, and coarsely chop the artichoke hearts. Finely chop the scallions, both white and green parts.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons of the shredded cheese, the lemon juice, and the garlic. Add the artichokes and scallions, and stir to combine.
- Place the yogurt mixture in an ovenproof bowl or ramekin, and sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoons of shredded cheese evenly on top. Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbling, 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.