25 Sep Win Tetley Tea!
Tea is a common beverage consumed in my house (and the second most consumed beverage around the world, after water). I especially love a hot cup of tea on a cool crisp morning or over ice on a hot summer afternoon. Black tea is my favorite type and I’m excited to give away a box to one lucky commenter!
Tea Around the World
Tea is enjoyed in countries all over the world, especially in the top winning countries in this summer’s Olympic games. Tetley took a look at the important role tea plays in the cultures of these countries including The United States, China and Russia to see if tea could be their secret weapon for success. Tetley Tea shares their findings below:
- United States: The U.S. had a solid showing in swimming and the women’s gymnastics team was able to keep their cool to reclaim the top title. As it happens, in the US, 85% of tea is consumed over ice – which is quite different from the rest of the world. So tea- hot and iced is still a popular beverage throughout the country.
- China: With top honors in sports like swimming and diving, China was a dominant force this summer. Tea happens to be one of the most important parts of any meal or social gathering in China and is had with almost every meal.
- Russia: Russia not only came with top honors on the mat with gymnastics but also dominated on the Track & Field events. Russia was part of the most dramatic battle against the American gymnast for first place. Tea is a traditional beverage in Russia and it is consumed by more than 90% of Russian citizens and is a very important part of hospitality and hosting guests.
While we can’t know for sure whether or not tea played a role in acquiring gold medals, it does give us amateur athletes another reason to sip on our favorite variety of tea.
About Tetley British Blend Tea
The British blend is a black tea made from premium Kenyan and Assam teas, which delivers a rich tea flavor. You’ll get 2.5 grams of tea in each bag, which translates into 200 milligrams of flavonoids per cup.
Enter to Win!
The prize includes:
- 1 box of the British Blend Black Tea
Giveaway begins: Tuesday September 25, 2012 at 9:00 am EST
Giveaway ends: Wednesday September 26, 5:00 pm EST.
Tell me in the comments area “How do you like your tea?”
For additional entries do any or all of the below and come back and create a new comment to tell me. Use a separate new comment for each or it will only count as one entry.
- Follow me on twitter
- Like me on Facebook
- Follow Tetley tea on twitter
- Like Tetley Tea on Facebook
- Copy and paste this tweet, then come back and comment with the link of your tweet. (allowed only once per day)
Enter for your chance to win @TetleyUSA tea via @tobyamidor https://tobyamidornutrition.com/?p=1583 #giveaways
When entering, be sure to include your email address in the “Email” field when posting your comment so I can let you know if you won. You do not need to purchase anything to win. Only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states, D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to win. Tetley Tea provided me with product for this review and has sponsored the prize offered.