10 Oct Win Go Vida Freeze-Dried Fruit Snacks!
Fruit is certainly one of the healthiest snacks for you, but sometimes you may be craving something different. Freeze-dried fruits are becoming very popular—they’re a crunchy and convenient way to snack on varieties of fruit you may not normally find at your local market. Find out why I snack on GoVida’s tasty fruits (like dragon fruit) and then enter for your chance to win a snack pack!
About Go Vida
The two amazing gals (and moms) who started Go Vida are originally from Columbia and make frequent visits to watch how their fruit are hand-picked and packaged. The snack packs come in three delicious flavors: Kiwi & Mango, Dragon Fruit & Cape Gooseberry and Strawberry & Dulce de Leche. All flavors are gluten-free, nut free and soy-free. The balance of flavors was carefully chosen so you get a delicious burst of flavor in every bite.
Each 0.6 ounce bag is between 60-70 calories and is loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. By using the freeze-dried method, the nutrients are kept intact so you can reap all the benefits.
Here are some of the nutritional benefits these fruits provide:
- Dragon fruit: Rich in fiber, essential fatty acids, as well as compounds that have been shown to lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Health magazine recently ranked dragon fruit #11 in their list of “23 super fruits you need now!”
- Gooseberries: An excellent source of vitamin K, this fruit also contains flavonoids and phenols which provide powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Strawberries: I’m a big fan of strawberries – they’re rich in antioxidant vitamins A and C and folate. When freeze-dried, they add a touch of tartness to the mix.
- Mango: Also a great source of antioxidant vitamins A and C, B-vitamins and omega-3 fats this fruit contributes to eye health and aids in digestion.
- Kiwi: This green gem is loaded with more vitamin C than an equivalent amount of orange. It also provides the same amount of potassium you’ll find in a banana.
The prize includes 9 bags of Go Vida snacks:
- 3 (0.6 ounce) bags of Kiwi & Mango
- 3 (0.6 ounce) bags of Strawberry & Dulce de Leche
- 3 (0.6 ounce) bags of Cape Gooseberry & Dragon Fruit
Giveaway begins: Wednesday October 10, 2012 at 10 am ET
Giveaway ends: Thursday October 11, 2012 at 5pm ET
Tell me in the comments area “Which Go Vida snack flavor would you like to try?”
For additional entries do any or all of the below and come back and create a new comment to tell me. Use a separate new comment for each or it will only count as one entry.
- Follow me on twitter
- Like me on Facebook
- Like Go Vida on Facebook
- Follow GoVida on twitter
- Copy and paste this tweet, then come back and comment with the link of your tweet. (allowed only once per day)
Enter for your chance to win @goVidaFoods in @tobyamidor #giveaways http://tobyamidornutrition.com/?p=1618 #snack
When entering, be sure to include your email address in the “Email” field when posting your comment so I can let you know if you won. You do not need to purchase anything to win. Only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states, D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to win. GoVida Foods provided me with product for this review and has sponsored the prize offered.