06 Jan Cookbook Review & Giveaway: Whole Body Reboot
Superfood isn’t just a buzzword anymore. Kiwicha, meca, quinoa, and many more fall into this category. So what makes these foods super? As a native Peruvian, Manuel Villacorta, M.S., R.D. shares his take on how to reboot your body by incorporating super foods into your diet.
About Whole Body Reboot
By linking back to his native roots, Villacorta found that Peruvians make their food from scratch and consume many nutrient-filled superfoods. Manuel’s book explores ingredients, preparation methods, and diet plans incorporating delicious Peruvian superfoods to help refresh and reboot your body.
The Reboot and Weight Loss Plan’s are designed to work in a sequence. The Reboot helps refresh your body and kickstart weight loss by focusing on different colored smoothies each day of the week. Each of these colored smoothies corresponds to specific phytonutrients (or plant chemicals) that help heal the body and fight disease. The smoothie recipes aren’t only radiant in color, but are also inspired and packed with Peruvian superfoods to help replenish your body.
Manuel incorporates creative and delicious recipes in his weight loss diet plan menu. From yummy breakfast quinoa muffins to white bean avocado wraps, all of the recipes incorporate superfoods, even the desserts! The foods are easily prepared and some recipes can even be made the night before. Although some superfoods used can be hard to locate, instructions on where to find them are included.
Below is one of the many delicious recipes found in Whole Body Reboot. The Sweet Potato Crustless Quiche is packed with sweet potatoes, which are exceedingly high in Vitamin A. It’s a great option for a family breakfast for only 215 calories per serving.
Coconut oil spray
2 large sweet potatoes (about 2½ pounds), sliced into ½-inch rounds
1 cup low-fat milk
1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
Pinch of nutmeg
¼ cup chopped chives
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a sheet pan with the coconut oil.
2. Place the sweet potato slices on the sheet pan and spray them with a thin layer of the coconut oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tender but not too browned. Let them cool.
3. Lightly spray a 9 × 5–inch casserole dish with the coconut oil. Layer the sweet potato slices in the dish to form three to four loosely packed layers.
4. Put the eggs, milk, ricotta, spices, and chives in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the egg mixture over the sweet potatoes, giving it time to fill in the gaps.
5. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the center is just barely set. Serve warm.
*Cooks note: The quiche can be refrigerated for up to three days and reheated as needed.
Enter to Win!
One randomly selected commenter will win a copy of Whole Body Reboot.
Giveaway begins: Tuesday January 6, 2015 at 12:01 am ET
Giveaway ends: Thursday January 8, 2015 at 11:59pm ET.
Mandatory Entry: Tell me in the comments area “Which superfoods do love?”
Additional Entries: For additional entries do any or all of the below and come back and create a new comment to tell me. Use a separate new comment for each or it will only count as one entry.
- Follow me on twitter
- Like me on Facebook
- Follow Manuel Villacorta on twitter
- Like Manuel Villacorta on Facebook
- Copy and paste the following tweet, then come back and comment with the link of your tweet. (allowed only once per day)
Enter to win @EatingFree new book Whole Body Reboot via @tobyamidor https://tobyamidornutrition.com/?p=3862 #giveaway
When entering, be sure to include your email address in the “Email” field when posting your comment so I can let you know if you won. You do not need to purchase anything to win. Only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states, D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to enter. Manuel Villacorta has sponsored the prize offered and is responsible for shipping.
Sheridan Jonas is a junior at Miami University studying nutrition with a focus in dietetics. She plans on working towards becoming and registered dietitian post graduation and furthering her passion in nutrition.