10 Mar In the News: Dietitians Indulging and My Whole Grain Paella Recipes
By Toby Amidor, MS, RD
For 10 years I have been writing for numerous national media outlets about food and nutrition. In this Friday round-up, I’ll keep you updated on articles I wrote or was quoted on during the week so you can catch up on your nutrition reading.
- The 14 healthiest items at your favorite fast food restaurants via FoxNews.com — registered dietitians, including myself, weigh in on the better-for-you choices when dining at fast food establishments like Chick-Fil-A, Taco Bell, and McDonald’s.
- What Farmers Do All Winter via U.S. News & World Report Eat + Run — it is a misconception that farmer’s only watch their crops grow in the winter. I interviewed 4 produce farmers to get an inside look at what exactly they do during the winter.
- 5 savory, satisfying paella recipes made with the healthiest whole grains via MensFitness.com – enjoy 5 of my healthier paella recipes that incorporate whole grains like quinoa, sorghum, brown rice, farro, and buckwheat.
- 10 Confessions From Top Registered Dietitian Nutritionists via HuffingtonPost.com– even dietitians indulge once in a while! Find out which treats fellow RDNs and I love to indulge in.
- 20 Health Tips to Create a Healthy Lifestyle via Oxygen Magazine – registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) dish their top tips for leading a healthy lifestyle. Find out which is my top healthy lifestyle tip!
- Ask the Dietitian via Idaho Dairy Counil- I teamed up with the Idaho Dairy Council to answer the most commonly asked Greek yogurt questions. Plus, I show you simple ways to swap out high calorie ingredients for Greek yogurt. Watch the video below.