23 Jul Giveaway: Win A Copy of Smart Meal Prep for Beginners & 52-Week Meal Planner
Last month I was thrilled to learn that my new cookbook Smart Meal Prep for Beginners was going to be released on 7/31. What’s better, I also found out that my fellow RD and childhood friend (I used to ride the bus with her sister!) is releasing her book 52-Week Meal Planner on the exact same date. Not only do I know the author Jessica Levinson from childhood, but the two books go hand-in-hand. Here is an inside look at both of the books, and then you can enter for your chance to win both of them!
Smart Meal Prep for Beginners
This meal prep cookbook goes beyond general meal prep guidance, and provides a 6-week plan to make a habit of meal prep and keep your fridge full. With specific, step-by-step instructions and meal prep plans that eliminate the guesswork of what to eat and for which meal, this cookbook is your kick-start guide to meal prep like a pro.
The point of meal prep is to set yourself up for success, not stress. This meal prep guide and cookbook gives you the tools you need to make meal prep a regular part of your routine, with:
- 6-Weekly meal prep plans that progressively ease beginners from prepping breakfast and lunch (2 plans) to a full day’s meal prep featuring breakfast, lunch, and dinner (4 plans)
- Must-have meal prep tools that include prep day guidance, shopping lists, plus storage and reheating information
- Meal prep 101 gets you started with need-to-know info about meal prepping, including meal prep Dos and Don’ts and food storage guidelines Smart Meal Prep for Beginners is a fool-proof plan to meal prep like a pro and have healthy meals ready-to-go, no questions asked.
Samples recipes from the cookbook include:
- Lighter Waldorf Salad with Pears
- Grilled Chicken with Carrot-Cabbage Slaw
- Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
- Baked Almond Cherry Bars
52-Week Meal Planner
I had the opportunity to speak to Jessica Levinson, MS, RDN, CDN, culinary nutrition expert and author of 52-Week Meal Planner about her new meal planning book.
Q: How do you go about meal planning your week for your family?
I start by seeing what ingredients I already have in my fridge, freezer, and pantry that need to be used so they don’t spoil, which reduces food waste (a benefit of meal planning) I also look at what’s on sale at my local supermarkets for the week. Based on that information I decide what I’m going to cook. Sometimes I also look at what I’ve saved on Pinterest or a recent recipe I saw on someone else’s blog or in a food magazine. Now that my twin girls are older, I’ll also ask them what they would like.
Q: What are your three top tips for using your 52-Week Meal Planning workbook?
- Add your go-to recipes that you make on a weekly basis to the Recipe Pages in the book – so much easier than having to search for that random piece of paper or find the cookbook with the recipe.
- Make notes on the meal plan throughout the week. One of the great things about the 52-Week Meal Planner is that you can look back at the meal plans from week’s prior, so if a certain recipe was a huge hit, put a star next to it and add it to your meal plan more regularly. Similarly, if a recipe was a bust, make sure you jot that down so you don’t make it again!
- Use the weekly grocery shopping list to write down all the ingredients you need for the week while you’re putting together the meal plan. You can cut out the list from the book or you may decide to copy the list into your phone, but if you don’t write it down while making the menu you’re more likely to forget stuff.
Q:Which chart in your book is surprisingly helpful?
The Price Comparisons charts are a surprisingly helpful tool. Whether you are on a strict budget or just like to save money where you can, this is a tool that will help. Personally, I compare prices of groceries at my local supermarkets, but I often forget who had what on sale. This worksheet is the perfect place to keep track of the prices for different items so you can save on a regular basis.
Images from 52-Week Meal Planner: The Complete Guide to Planning Menus, Groceries, Recipes, and More, published by Rockridge Press. Copyright © 2018 by Jessica Levinson
Enter For Your Chance To Win
Both Smart Meal Prep for Beginners and 52-Week Meal Planner are on pre-sale on Amazon and will be released on 7/31/18. You can enter for your chance to win a copy of each in my giveaway.
Giveaway Begins: Monday 7/23/18 at 12:00 am ET
Giveaway Ends: Friday 7/27/18 at 11:59 pm ET
- Go to my Instagram page and tag two people in the giveaway post
- Go to my Facebook page and tag two people in the giveaway post
- Follow me on Facebook and Jessica Levinson on Facebook
- Follow me on Instagram and Jessica Levinson on Instagram
You do not need to purchase anything to win. Only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states, D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to enter.