17 Mar Peanut Butter-Banana Ice Box Bars
Posted at 17:02h in 0 Comments
Peanut Butter-Banana Ice Box Bars
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 16
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 77mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks, Desserts
Recipes from THE GREEK YOGURT KITCHEN by Toby Amidor. Copyright © 2014 by Toby Amidor. Used with permission by Grand Central Publishing. Photo courtesy of Hollan Publishing. All rights reserved
- 8 graham cracker sheets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (60-70%)
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the crust, place the graham cracker sheets in a large resealable plastic bag and seal the bag. Using the bottom of a mixing bowl, a rolling pin, or your hands, crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Melt the butter in a medium bowl in the microwave, and then allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the graham cracker crumbs to the melted butter and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish and spread it evenly over the bottom, pressing it gently into the corners. Bake until the crust is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven and set it aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash the bananas in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, yogurt, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the mashed bananas and fold gently until thoroughly incorporated. Spoon the banana mixture over the cooled graham cracker crust. Place the baking dish in the freezer and chill until completely frozen, at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, melt the chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave, about 1 minute, stirring halfway though. Remove the baking dish from the freezer and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top. Slice into 2 x 2-inch pieces and serve.