By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 419mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe type: Appetizer & Snacks
The post was sponsored by POM Wonderful. POM Wonderful pomegranate juice isn’t just for drinking. I am always inspired to showcase the versatility of my favorite foods, and in this case, I combined two– hummus and pomegranate juice.
- 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons POM Wonderful100% Pomegranate Juice, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon POM POMS Fresh Pomegranate Arils (when in season)
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of the pomegranate juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil and blend until well incorporated.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl. Top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of the pomegranate juice and 1 tablespoon of pomegranate arils, if desired.
- Serve immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.