15 Aug Win Laughing Cow Cheese!
Cheese can sometimes get a bad rep for being high in calories and fat, but not all cheeses are created equal. Since most of the fat in cheese is saturated (the artery clogging kind), it’s important to opt for low fat varieties. I’m a cheese lover—and The Laughing Cow varieties are a part of my healthy eating plan.
About Laughing Cow
I’ve been enjoying The Laughing Cow wedges for many years. Each portion controlled wedge has only 35 calories and comes in a variety of flavors. Their newest line – Smooth Sensations Cream Cheese Spreads comes in four flavors, all with 1/3 less fat and only 45 calories per serving. These are perfect to spread on your morning whole grain toast or enjoy with apples or whole grain pretzels as a snack. It’s also perfect to toss in your kids lunch box (back to school time is right around the corner!).
Ways to Enjoy:
- Spread on your morning toast or waffle
- Mix into scrambled eggs
- Spread on whole grain crackers for a snack
- Smear on sandwiches instead of mayo
- Use as a dip for baby carrots, bell pepper strips, apple slices or celery sticks
The Laughing Cow also shared one of their yummy breakfast recipes with us.
6 whole hard boiled eggs
3 wedges of The Laughing Cow Smooth Sensations Cream
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 slices cooked bacon (*can also use turkey bacon)
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
1 Tablespoon minced fresh dill
1 Tablespoon minced roasted red pepper
Dash of sea salt
- Peel, then slice eggs in half lengthwise and place the yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Set the whites on a plate (if they slide around, line the plate with lettuce leaves for serving).
- To the egg yolks, add the remaining ingredients except the sea salt. Mix with a fork until evenly combined, breaking up the egg yolks as you mix.
- Spoon the filling into the hole in the egg whites. Sprinkle with crunchy sea salt to season
Enter to Win!
One lucky commenter will receive:
- A Laughing Cow insulated lunch bag
- A sample pack of Laughing Cow’s new Smooth Sensation Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 Classic Cream 1/3 less fat
- 1 Strawberries and Cream 1/3 less fat
- 1 Cinnamon Cream 1/3 less fat
- 1 Garden Vegetable 1/3 less fat
To enter, tell me: “How would you enjoy your Laughing Cow cheese?”
The contest begins Wednesday August 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM EST and ends on Thursday August 16, 2012 at 5PM EST. You may only comment once to be considered and don’t need to purchase anything to win. Be sure to include your email address in the “Email” field when posting your comment so I can let you know if you won. Only open to legal residents of 50 U.S. states, D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to win. The Laughing Cow provided me with product for this review and the prize offered is sponsored by The Laughing Cow. Check out their website and find them on Facebook and twitter.