22 Apr Roasted Salmon with Dill-Yogurt Sauce and Creamed Spinach
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 salmon fillet, ½ cup creamed spinach, 2 tablespons sauce
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 281 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 40 g
- Cholesterol: 94 mg
Recipe type: Main
This gorgeous and simple weeknight dinner can be whipped up in no time. Recipe from The Greek Yogurt Kitchen by Toby Amidor, All Rights Reserved.
- For Salmon
- Cooking spray
- 2 lemons
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For Dill-Yogurt Sauce
- ¼ shallot
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 6 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- For Creamed Spinach
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen spinach (thawed and well drained if frozen)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut the lemons into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Season both sides of the salmon with the salt and pepper, and place the fillets skin-side down on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 1-1/2 inches apart. Arrange the lemon slices over the salmon. Place the baking sheet on the top rack in the oven and cook until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- While the salmon roasts, prepare the dill-yogurt sauce: Finely mince the shallot. Drain and chop the capers. Combine the shallot, dill, capers, yogurt, lemon juice, and milk in a small bowl. Stir until well incorporated.
- To prepare the creamed spinach, chop the spinach and mince the garlic. Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the minced garlic and saute gently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chopped spinach and cook until just wilted and warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, spoon the yogurt over the spinach, and gently stir in.
- Place one piece of salmon on each of four plates. Spoon ½ cup of the creamed spinach and 2 tablespoons of the dill-yogurt sauce on either side of the salmon. Serve immediately.