01 Jul Baked Almond Cherry Bars
Posted at 08:00h in 0 Comments
Baked Almond Cherry Bars
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 16 bars
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 121
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Recipe type: Appetizer & Snacks
Copyright Toby Amidor, Smart Meal Prep for Beginners, Rockridge Press, 2018. Photo courtesy of Elysa Weitala
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free quick cooking oats
- ½ cup almonds chopped
- ½ cup dried tart cherries
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cherry preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour the quinoa into the blender and blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the blended quinoa, oats, almonds, cherries, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to evenly distribute the mixture.
- Top the cherry preserves, and use a spatula or the back of a spoon to evenly distribute the preserves over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the edges are slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing into 12 bars.
- Wrap the bars in plastic or place in a resealable container.
- Storage: Store wrapped or in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.