20 Jan Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Posted at 08:00h in 0 Comments
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 2 drumsticks
- Calories: 392
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 470 mg
- Protein: 60 g
- Cholesterol: 278 mg
Photo courtesy of Kristen Massad.
- Cooking spray
- 8 skinless drumsticks (about 2¾ pounds)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⅓ tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Stevia brown sugar blend (like Truvia or Splenda) or 100% maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the drumsticks in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until browned and cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F, 35 to 40 minute. Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, Stevia brown sugar blend, sriracha, and garlic powder and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until the mixture thicken, about 4 minutes. Add the toasted sesame oil and stir to combine.
- Brush the sauce over the drumsticks and place back onto the prepared baking sheet. Cook in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.