28 Sep Creamy Cheddar Mac and Cheese
Posted at 07:30h in 0 Comments
Creamy Cheddar Mac and Cheese
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1¼ cups (300 mL)
Recipe type: Main Dish
Recipe from The Best 3-Ingredient Cookbook. Photo courtesy of Ashley Lima
- 10 oz (300 g) dry elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups (500 mL) evaporated milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded sharp (old) Cheddar cheese
- Pantry Item:
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- Place the pasta in a large skillet. Add the salt and enough cold water to just cover the pasta. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and continue cooking until most of the water is absorbed, about 6 minutes.
- Add the evaporated milk and stir to combine. Raise the heat to high and bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cheese. Stir continuously until the mixture is smooth and has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve warm.