20 Nov Ellena’s Peanut Butter Cookies
Ellena's Peanut Butter Cookies
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 14 cookies
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Sodium: 118 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
Recipe type: Desserts
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Easy 5-Ingredient Healthy: Simple Recipes to Make Healthy Eating Delicious, Rockridge Press, 2018. Photo courtesy of Gail Watson Photography.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the peanut butter and salt, mixing well to combine.
- Scoop out 1 teaspoon of the batter, and use clean hands to roll into a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet, pressing down to flatten. Repeat with the remaining batter, leaving ½-inch between cookies.
- Bake on the center rack in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling for at least 10 minutes before serving.