10 Jun Grilled Steak with Herb Sauce
Posted at 17:24h in 0 Comments
Grilled Steak with Herb Sauce
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4 oz steak, plus 2 tablespoons sauce
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 30g
Recipe type: Main Dishes (Meat, Chicken, Fish)
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Easy 5-Ingredient Healthy: Simple Recipes to Make Healthy Eating Delicious, Rockridge Press, 2018. Photo courtesy of Hélène Dujardin.
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1¼ pound) sirloin steak
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees Fahrenheit. Coat an ovenproof grill pan or skillet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle both sides of the steak with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the prepared grill pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, add the steak and cook on each side for 2 minutes. Place the pan in the oven and roast for about 12 minutes, until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 145-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the steak to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, add the cilantro, capers, scallions, olive oil, water, lemon juice, and garlic, and blend until almost smooth but still a little chunky.
- Thinly slice the steak, and serve with the herb sauce.