29 Mar Pomegranate-Pistachio Bark
Posted at 10:02h in 0 Comments
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 24 pieces
- Serving size: 1 piece
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe type: Dessert
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Easy 5-Ingredient Healthy: Simple Recipes to Make Healthy Eating Delicious, Rockridge Press, 2018. Photo courtesy of Hélène Dujardin.
- ½ cup raw shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 pound 60% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- ½ cup pomegranate arils, liquid drained
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the pistachios and cook until toasted, about 3 minutes. Set aside cool.
- In a small saucepan, bring a cup of water to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Place a heat-proof medium bowl on top of the saucepan to make a double boiler. Add the chocolate to the bowl and cook, stirring gently with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Spoon the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading to the edges evenly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle the chocolate with the pistachios, pomegranate arils, and sea salt.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator for about 45 minutes, until the chocolate sets.
- Break the bark into 24 pieces and serve.