22 May Strawberry Lemonade
The secret to adding sweetness to a beverage without sugar: fruit! This lemonade uses fresh strawberries to add sweetness, which also helps cut the tartness of the fresh lemon juice. The combo is delicious, refreshing, and has less than 5 grams of carbohydrate per 1-cup serving. It’s perfect for someone with diabetes.
- Serves: 8 servings
- Serving size: 1¼ cups (12 ounces)
- Calories: 15
- Sugar: 2 g
- 8 cups water, divided
- 2 teaspoons zero-calorie stevia sweetener (such as Truvia or Splenda)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of the water and the sweetener to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring regularly, until the sweetener is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice, cooled water with sweetener, and the remaining 7 cups of water to a large pitcher. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine before serving.