15 Jul Lighter Waldorf Salad with Pears
Posted at 18:35h in 0 Comments
Lighter Waldorf Salad with Pears
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 2 containers
- Serving size: 1 container
- Calories: 397
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 624mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 30g
Recipe type: Soups & Salad
Copyright Toby Amidor, Smart Meal Prep for Beginners, Rockridge Press, 2018. Photo courtesy of Elysa Weitala
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Small head Bibb or other green lettuce, roughly chopped (about 3½ cups)
- 1 medium pear, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- ½ cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast the walnuts, stirring occasionally, until slightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breast with ⅛ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- In a grill pan or skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the chicken breast and cook for about 10 minutes, turning once, until it reaches a minimum internal cooking temperature of 165-degrees Fahrenheit. All to cool for 10 minutes then dice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, honey, and remaining ⅛ teaspoon of salt and ⅛ teaspoon of pepper.
- Add the walnuts, chicken, lettuce, pear, grapes, and celery, tossing to evenly coat.
- Divide the salad between 2 resealable containers, about 3 cups per container.
- Storage: Place the airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.