16 Nov Baked Sweet Potato with Yogurt and Cinnamon
Posted at 07:00h in 0 Comments
Baked Sweet Potato with Yogurt and Cinnamon
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 1 potato
- Serving size: 1 potato
- Calories: 282
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 416mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 15g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Recipe type: Main Dishes (Vegetarian), Appetizers & Snacks, Sides
This recipe was created in partnership with Dannon Light & Fit. I have been compensated for my time commitment. However, my opinions, recipes, and nutritional information are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
- 2 tablespoons raw pecans, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 (5.3 oz) container Dannon Light & Fit Original Greek Vanilla Nonfat Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the pecans and heat until browned and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Piece the potato several times with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and baked until fork tender, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully make a slit lengthwise. Pry the slit open with a fork. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle the potato with salt and black pepper, and then top with the yogurt and pecans.