07 Dec Cashew Date Bars with Chocolate Drizzle
Posted at 08:00h in 0 Comments
Cashew Date Bars with Chocolate Drizzle
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 8 servings
- Serving size: 1 bar
Recipe from The Best 3-Ingredient Cookbook published by Robert Rose Books. Copyright October 2020. Photo courtesy of Ashley Lima
- 1 cup (250 mL) raw cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups (375 mL) pitted dates
- 2 oz (60 g) at least 60% bittersweet (dark) chocolate
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast the cashews until slightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked cashews, dates, and salt to a blender or food processor. Pulse, scraping down the sides with a wooden spoon occasionally, until the batter is a smooth paste.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking dish (or divide between two dishes, is using) and, using clean fingers, push it into the baking dish and even out the top. Cover and refrigerate until the bars solidify, at least 15 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on High, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted, about 1 minute.
- Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the bars. Place the baking dish back into the refrigerator to set the chocolate, at least 2 hours.
- Carefully remove the bars by pulling out the parchment paper and place on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into eight even bars and serve. Store leftovers in a sealable container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.