10 Dec Cauliflower-Turmeric Soup
Posted at 13:52h in 0 Comments
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 7 cups
- Serving size: 1-3/4 cups
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Sodium: 905mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 6g
Recipe type: Soups
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Easy 5-Ingredient Healthy: Simple Recipes to Make Healthy Eating Delicious, Rockridge Press, 2018. Photo courtesy of Hélène Dujardin.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped into florets
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant. Add the potato and cauliflower, and saute for about 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add the broth, turmeric, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables soften and flavors combine.
- Use an immersion blender or pour the soup into a blender, and carefully blend until smooth.
- Serve warm or freeze for later.