16 Mar Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed With Avocado Cream
Posted at 07:00h in 0 Comments
Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed With Avocado Cream
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 6
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated fat: 0.6 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 140 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Cuisine: Appetizers & Snacks
Copyright Toby Amidor, Create-Your-Plate Diabetes Cookbook, American Diabetes Association, 2020. Photo courtesy of Mittera.
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ plus ⅛ teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 avocado, halved and pit removed
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, as a garnish
- Slice the tops off the cherry tomatoes. Using a small melon baller or teaspoon, scoop the seeds and pulp from the inside of tomatoes. Sprinkle the insides with ¼ teaspoon of the sea salt. Place the tomato shells upside down on a paper towel for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Place the avocado flesh, yogurt, lime juice, water, garlic, remaining ⅛ teaspoon sea salt, coriander, and black pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the avocado mixture to a resealable plastic bag and cut off ¼-inch piece at the bottom corner of the bag. Pipe the filling into the tomato shells and place them on a serving platter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of cilantro to garnish.