01 Jan Chicken, Kale and White Bean Salad
Posted at 11:20h in 0 Comments
Chicken, Kale and White Bean Salad
By: Toby Amidor
Recipe type: Salad
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Best Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook, Robert Rose, 2020. Photo courtesy of Gail Watson Photography.
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) chopped raw walnuts
- 4 cups (1 L) baby kale
- 11⁄2 cups (375 mL) chopped rotisserie chicken
- 14- to 19-oz (398 to 540 mL) can reduced-sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup (120 mL) Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- For the Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) light brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried parsley
- 1⁄4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1⁄8 tsp (0 .5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the walnuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until the walnuts are lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add the kale, chicken, beans and walnuts. Drizzle with the Lemon Herb Vinaigrette and toss to evenly coat.
- For the Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, brown sugar, parsley, salt and pepper. While whisking continuously, slowly drizzle in the oil until combined.
- *Note: the vinaigrette makes ¾ cup.