02 Dec Chicken Parm Casserole
Posted at 08:00h in 0 Comments
Chicken Parm Casserole
By: Toby Amidor
- Serving size: 1⅔ cups
Cuisine: Main Dishes
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Best Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook, Robert Rose, 2020. Photo courtesy of Gail Watson Photography.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 oz penne pasta, or whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1½ cups tomato sauce, divided
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or part-skim cheese
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an 8-inch square glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a 3-quart saucepan of water to a boil. Add the penne and boil gently until al dente, 8 to 9 minutes. Drain the pasta and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cooked pasta, chicken, 1 cup of the tomato sauce, parsley, oregano, basil, salt, black pepper, and pepper flakes. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Top the casserole with the remaining tomato sauce and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is bubbly and golden brown, about 25 minutes.