12 Feb Chocolate Pudding With Raspberries
Posted at 07:30h in 0 Comments
Chocolate Pudding With Raspberries
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 5 puddings
- Serving size: 1 container
- Calories: 169
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 115 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
Copyright Toby Amidor, Smart Meal Prep for Beginners, Rockridge Press, 2018. Photo courtesy of Gail Watson Photography.
- 2⅓ cups reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1¼ cups fresh raspberries
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the milk and coconut oil, stirring, until the oil is melted. Add the maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt, and stir to incorporate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch. Add to the saucepan and whisk to blend. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring regularly, until the pudding thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside to slightly cool.
- Divide the pudding into each of 5 containers (about 1⁄2 cup each) and place plastic wrap over the pudding (make sure the plastic is touching the pudding). Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and then remove the plastic wrap and top each pudding with 1⁄4 cup of raspberries.
- Storage: Place airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.