28 Aug Cod-En-Papillote with Zucchini, Corn, and Cherry Tomatoes
Cod-En-Papillote with Zucchini, Corn, and Cherry Tomatoes
By: Catherine Cioffi, MS, Contributing Blogger
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 foil packet
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 9 grams
- Saturated fat: 1 gram
- Trans fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 21 grams
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Sodium: 258 milligrams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 34 grams
- Cholesterol: 73 milligrams
Ever want a break from the usual grilled burgers and hot dogs? Last summer, during my annual trip to Cape Cod, I was inspired by this dish my aunt whipped up. It’s a combination of fresh fish, seasonal veggies, herbs and healthy oils. It’s the perfect dish to mix up your summer barbecue.
- 4, 6 ounce cod filets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch round slices (about 2 medium-sized zucchini)
- 2 ears of corn, sliced off the cob and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3-4 red pepper flakes per foil packet (optional)
- 8 slices of lemon rounds, ¼-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, divided
- Pre-heat grill to a medium heat.
- Place the 4 fish filets on a cutting board or sheet pan. Pat dry with paper towel, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place each fillet into one of the pre-sliced squares of aluminum foil.
- Distribute the sliced zucchini, corn, and tomatoes evenly between the 4 foil packets. Sprinkle each packet with ¼ teaspoon garlic, 1 tablespoon panko, ½ tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, and a few pepper flakes (if you are adding them). Finally, top with 2 slices of lemon.
- Tightly seal each foil packet at the top, being sure to leave room within the packet for steam to develop. There should be about a 1 to ½ inch space between the fish/vegetables and the foil seal.
- Place the 4 packets on the grill and cover with a lid. Allow to cook until the fish is cooked through and a thermometer reads 145 degrees when inserted in the thickest part of the filet.
- Serve each fish packet with one lemon wedge and ½ tablespoon for grated Parmesan cheese.