02 Feb Easy Eggplant Parmesan
Posted at 08:00h in 0 Comments
Easy Eggplant Parmesan
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: about 6.5 oz
Recipe from The Best 3-Ingredient Cookbook by Toby Amidor and published by Robert Rose Books, 2020. All Rights Reserved. Photo courtesy of Ashley Lima
- 2 cups tomato-based pasta sauce
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil (pantry item)
- ⅛ tsp salt (pantry item)
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper (pantry item)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Coat the glass baking dish with oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of the eggplant rounds with the salt and pepper.
- Add one-third of the pasta sauce to the baking dish and use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly. Top with one layer of eggplant, one-third of the sauce and half of the cheese. Repeat the layers, ending with the remaining half of the cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking an additional 10 minutes.