16 Jan Game Day Dip
Posted at 12:45h in 0 Comments
Game Day Dip
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 3-1/2 cup (875 mL)
- Serving size: ¼ cup (60 mL)
Recipe type: Appetizer
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Best Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook, Robert Rose, 2020. Photo courtesy of Gail Watson Photography.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups (750 mL) finely shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup (125 mL) hot pepper sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) plain Greek yogurt (I use nonfat plain)
- 8 oz (225 g) whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup (150 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese (I used reduce fat)
- 2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit (180-degrees Celsius). 1-1/2 quart (1.5 L) casserole dish or large oven-proof ramekin, coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken and hot sauce, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and allow chicken to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, Greek yogurt, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, celery, and green onion. Mix to combine. Place the ingredients into the prepared casserole dish, evening out the top with the back of a spoon. Place the casserole dish into the preheated oven and bake until the top is slightly browned and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.