10 Nov Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
Posted at 08:00h in 0 Comments
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 2 sandwiches
- Serving size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 527
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Sodium: 1,500 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 17 g
Photo courtesy of Kristen Massad
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese, divided
- 4 slices crusty whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons canned sliced jalapenos, drained
- 4 slices reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the turkey bacon and cook until crispy, turning regularly, about 10 minutes. Remove the turkey bacon from the pan and set aside to cool. Carefully wipe the pan with a clean paper towel.
- Top each of the four slices of bread with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese. Top two slices of bread with two slices of the cheese, 1 tablespoon of jalapenos, and 2 two slices of cooked bacon. Top each with a second slice of bread to make a sandwich.
- Coat the same large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the two sandwiches and cook, pressing down with the top of a pan, until the cheese has melted, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the grilled cheese from the skillet and place on two plates. Slice in half and serve warm.