25 May Lamb Kebobs with Mint-Yogurt Sauce
Posted at 12:58h in 0 Comments
Lamb Kebobs with Mint-Yogurt Sauce
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 2 lamb skewers and 2 tablespoons sauce
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 9
- Saturated fat: 3
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 266
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 42
- Cholesterol: 109
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ pounds lamb tenderloin
- ¾ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 shallots
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Crush 3 of the garlic cloves.
- Trim the fat off the lamb and cut the meat into 1-inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ½ cup of the chopped mint, the crushed garlic, ½ cup of the yogurt, the wine, 1⁄8 teaspoon of the salt, and 1⁄8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Add the lamb cubes and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator to marinate for exactly 1 hour.
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice each shallot into 4 large chunks. Cut the bell pepper in half, discard the seeds, and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Preheat a grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade, allowing the excess to drip off. (Discard the marinade.)
- Thread each skewer with 2 to 3 pieces of the lamb, 2 pieces of shallot, 2 tomatoes, and 2 pieces of bell pepper.
- Grill the kebobs, turning them several times, until the lamb is browned and cooked through, 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the mint-yogurt sauce: Mince the remaining clove of garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ¼ cup chopped mint, the minced garlic, the remaining ½ cup yogurt, and the remaining 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Set 2 lamb skewers on each of four plates and place 2 tablespoons of the mint-yogurt sauce on the side.