19 May Lemon-Garlic Spaghetti with Shrimp and Spinach
Posted at 07:00h in 0 Comments
Lemon-Garlic Spaghetti with Shrimp and Spinach
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1⅔ cups
- Calories: 402
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Sodium: 358 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 190 mg
Recipe type: Main Dish (Vegetarian)
Photo courtesy of Kristen Massad
- 7 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup cooking white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a large pot three-quarters with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and lower the heat to medium. Cook until the pasta is al dente, 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and place back in the pot and turn off the heat.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the spinach and cook until wilted, 3 minutes. Remove the spinach from the skillet and toss together in the pot with the spaghetti.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the shallot and garlic, and cook until the shallot softens and the garlic is fragrant about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, cover, and cook until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a clean plate.
- Add the wine and lemon juice to the saucepan, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced by about half, 3 minutes. Add the butter, capers, parsley, salt, and pepper and stir until melted, about 3 minutes. Return the shrimp to the saucepan and toss to coat.
- Add the shrimp with the sauce to the pot with the pasta and toss to combine. Serve warm.