06 Apr Lighter Shrimp Scampi
Posted at 07:30h in 0 Comments
Lighter Shrimp Scampi
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4 servings
- Calories: 364
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 557 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 37 g
Cuisine: Main Dishes
Copyright Toby Amidor, Smart Meal Prep for Beginners, Rockridge Press, 2018. Photo courtesy of Gail Watson Photography.
- 1½ pounds large peeled and deveined shrimp
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup cooking white wine
- Juice of ½ lemon (1 tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley 4 servings (6 cups) Zucchini Noodles
- Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the shallot and garlic, and cook until the shallot softens and the garlic is fragrant about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp, cover, and cook until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a large plate.
- Add the wine, lemon juice, and Sriracha to the saucepan, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced by about half, 3 minutes. Add the butter and stir until melted, about 3 minutes. Return the shrimp to the saucepan and toss to coat. Add the parsley and stir to combine.
- Into each of 4 containers, place 11⁄2 cups of Zucchini Noodles, and top with 3⁄4 cup of scampi.
- Storage: Place airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, microwave uncovered on high for about 2 minutes.