23 Sep Mango-Coconut Popsicles
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 9 popsicles
- Serving size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Unsaturated fat: 0g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Recipe type: Dessert
Photo courtesy of Gail Watson Photography
- 2½ cups mango chunks, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup 100% pineapple or mango juice
- 1¼ cups canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 9 teaspoons unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Special equipment: 9 standard popsicle molds
- In a blender or food processor, add mango chunks and pineapple or mango juice; Puree until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, agave or honey, yogurt, and water.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the mango puree into each popsicle mold. Tap each mold on the counter several times to level the puree. Place in freezer for 15 minutes until almost solid.
- Remove the mold from freezer and sprinkle the mango in the mold with 1 teaspoon coconut flakes. Next, spoon 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture into molds. Return mold in the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until fully set.