27 Apr Meal Prep Nutty Raisin Oatmeal
Posted at 13:06h in 0 Comments
Meal Prep Nutty Raisin Oatmeal
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 5 servings
- Serving size: 1 container (1 cup oatmeal, plus 2 tablespoons nuts)
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 92 mg
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 10 g
Photo courtesy of Kristen Massad
- 2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 3½ cups water
- ½ cup seedless raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup or 1½ tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons dry roasted, unsalted cashews, roughly chopped, divided
- 5 tablespoons dry roasted, unsalted almonds, roughly chopped, divided
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the oats, milk, raisins, cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the oats begin to soften and the liquid thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts.
- In each of 5 containers spoon 1 cup of the oatmeal. Top with 2 tablespoons of the nut mixture.
- To store: Cover each container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, place in the microwave, uncovered, for 60 to 90 seconds. Add a splash of water or milk, if needed. To freeze, place covered in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost, place in the refrigerator overnight. To reheat, place in the microwave, uncovered, for 60 to 90 seconds. Add a splash of water or milk, if needed.