17 Sep Olive Oil Granola
Posted at 07:30h in 0 Comments
Olive Oil Granola
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 7 cups
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Recipe type: Snacks, Breakfast
Photo courtesy of Gail Watson Photography
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup raw cashews, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ½ cup 100% maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup dried tart cherries, cranberries, or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, cashews, hemp hearts, maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. Gently fold into the granola mixture, distributing it evenly.
- Spread the granola in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the granola is slightly browned and dried, 45 to 55 minutes, using a spatula to turn sections of the granola over halfway through and breaking up larger pieces.
- Transfer the baking sheet onto a cooling rack, and allow to completely cool. Once cool, break up any larger pieces of the granola using the spatula. Sprinkle in dried fruit and gently toss to combine.
- Store granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.