13 Aug Parmesan Rosemary Popcorn
Posted at 09:32h in 0 Comments
Parmesan Rosemary Popcorn
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 6 servings
- Serving size: 1 bag or container
- Calories: 172.04
- Fat: 14.52 g
- Saturated fat: 2.21 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.07 g
- Sugar: 0.12 g
- Sodium: 221.80 mg
- Fiber: 1.57 g
- Protein: 1.92 g
- Cholesterol: 1.38 mg
Recipe type: Snacks
Photo Courtesy of Kristen Massad
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ⅓ cup popcorn kernels (2.5 oz)
- 1½ tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoons dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium pot over medium-low heat, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add 3 popcorn kernels, and when one of the kernels pops, add the rest. Cover and shake the pot occasionally to prevent burning. Once fully popped, transfer the popcorn to a large bowl. Alternatively, pop the popcorn kernels in a popcorn maker without the 3 tablespoons of oil.
- In a blender, add the Parmesan, rosemary, and salt. Blend until a powder forms, about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of the olive oil onto the popcorn; toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with the spice powder; toss to evenly coat.
- Place 1¾ cups of the popcorn in each of 6 re-sealable bags or containers. Store at room temperature for up to 1 week.