24 Nov Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Posted at 09:51h in 0 Comments
Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 16 cookies
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 236mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
Recipe type: Dessert
Photo courtesy of Kristen Massad
- 1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup 100% pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat two baking sheet with cooking spray or line with a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oil, yogurt, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Do not overmix. Fold in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Scoop 1 heaping tbsp of the dough and, using clean wet hands, roll into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 1 inch between cookies. Repeat with the remaining dough to make a total of 16 cookies. Using clean wet hands, slightly press down on each cookie.
- Bake until a tester inserted into a cookie or two comes out clean, 14 to 16 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the cookies to a wire rack. Let cool for 10 minutes before eating.