17 Jun Sesame-Ginger Salmon Croquettes with Sriracha Cream
Posted at 07:30h in 0 Comments
Sesame-Ginger Salmon Croquettes with Sriracha Cream
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 12 croquettes
- Serving size: 2 croquettes and 2 tbsp Sriracha cream
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 346 mg
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 76 mg
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Greek Yogurt Kitchen: More Than 130 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day. Grand Central Publishing, 2014. Photo courtesy of Hollan Publishing.
- For Croquettes:
- 1 scallion
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh salmon
- ¾ cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- For Sriracha Cream
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Prepare the croquettes: Chop the scallion, both white and green parts. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, yogurt, chopped scallion, egg, egg white, mustard, ginger, salt, and pepper. Using a sharp knife, remove the skin from the salmon; then dice the flesh into 1-inch cubes. Add the salmon to the yogurt mixture, along with the panko breadcrumbs. Toss gently to coat and combine. Transfer the fish mixture to a blender or food processor, and pulse, 10 to 12 times, just until the fish is finely minced and the mixture is well combined.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the fish mixture, and using clean hands, form it into a patty. Place it on a large plate or a platter, gently pressing down with your palm of your hand to flatten it slightly. Repeat to make 12 small patties. Cover the platter with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the Sriracha cream: Stir the yogurt, mayonnaise, and Sriracha together in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Cook the croquettes: In a large pan, heat the canola oil over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add 6 croquettes, leaving about 1 inch all around each. Saute until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the croquettes to a plate or platter. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm, and repeat with the remaining patties. Spoon 1 tablespoon Sriracha cream over each finished croquette, and serve warm.