27 Sep Sheet Pan Chicken with Artichokes and Onions
Posted at 08:00h in 0 Comments
Sheet Pan Chicken with Artichokes and Onions
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 2 drumsticks and 1 cup vegetables
- Calories: 270 calories
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 290 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Cholesterol: 95 mg
Recipe type: Main Dish
Copyright Toby Amidor, Create-Your-Plate Diabetes Cookbook, American Diabetes Association, 2020. Photo courtesy of Mittera.
- 2 small red onions, peeled and quartered (with ends still attached so the quarters stay intact)
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 drumsticks, skin removed (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add the red onion and artichoke hearts to a medium bowl. Add the canola oil and toss to coat. Place the vegetables in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Add the drumsticks to the empty medium bowl. Add the garlic and salt and toss to evenly coat the chicken. Place the drumsticks in the center of the vegetables on the sheet pan. Top each drumstick with a basil leaf and place the lemon slices on top and on the sides of the chicken.
- Bake until a thermometer inserted into a drumstick reads 165°F, 45 minutes. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.