24 Jun Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 container
- Calories: 510
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 596mg
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 33g
Recipe type: Main Dishes (Meat, Chicken, Fish)
Copyright Toby Amidor, Smart Meal Prep for Beginners, Rockridge Press, 2018. Photo courtesy of Elysa Weitala
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1-1/2 pounds new potatoes, quartered
- 5 medium carrots, cut into ½-inch coins (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium parsnips, cut into ½-inch coins (about ½ pound)
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken, potatoes, carrots, and parsnips to the dressing and coat to toss.
- Gently pour the vegetables and chicken onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are in a single layer. Top with the lemon slices. Place in the oven and roast for 40 to 45 minutes until the chicken reaches a minimum internal cooking temperature of 165-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Into each of 4 containers, scoop about 2 cups of chicken and vegetables.
- Storage: Place airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To freeze, place freezer-safe containers in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost, refrigerate overnight. To reheat individual portions, microwave uncovered on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes.