13 May Thai Chicken Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
Posted at 09:31h in 0 Comments
Thai Chicken Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
By: Toby Amidor
- Serving size: 2 tacos, plus ½ cup slaw
Cuisine: Main Dishes
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Best Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook, Robert Rose, 2020. Photo courtesy of Gail Watson Photography.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 4 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 4 cups shredded napa green cabbage
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Eight 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 lime, quartered
- DRESSING: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and pepper flakes
- SLAW: In a large mixing bowl, toss together the carrots, cabbage and cilantro. Add 3 tbsp of the dressing and toss to combine.
- TACOS: Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat. Place 1 tortilla in the skillet and heat for 1 minute on each side, until warmed through. PLace on a plate and cover with a clean cloth or paper towel. Repeat for the remaining tortillas.
- Heat the oil in the same large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken and the remaining dressing and toss to evenly coat. Heat the chicken through, about 3 minutes.
- In each tortilla, place ¼ cup of the slaw and top with ¼ cup of the chicken. Serve with extra slaw on the side and a wedge of lime.