01 Mar Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad with Chicken
Posted at 18:48h in 2 Comments
Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad with Chicken
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 cup salad + 3 oz chicken
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Sodium: 773mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 32g
Recipe type: Soups & Salads
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Easy 5-Ingredient Healthy: Simple Recipes to Make Healthy Eating Delicious, Rockridge Press, 2018.
- 1 pound skinless chicken tenders
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shredded
- ½ cup Lighter Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. When the cooking spray is shimmering, add the chicken tenders and cook for 5 minutes on one side, then f lip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the Brussels sprouts and drizzle with the dressing. Toss evenly to coat. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and top with the cooked chicken.
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together the g1 minced garlic clove, zest and juice, of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, and ½ teaspoon anchovy paste. Whisking continuously, slowly drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil until well combined. Store dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
The Easy 5-Ingredient Healthy Cookbook counts salt, pepper, cooking spray, lemons, and olive oil in its "pantry" list of ingredients.