22 Jun Grilled Apple, Gouda And Chicken Panini
Posted at 07:00h in 0 Comments
Grilled Apple, Gouda And Chicken Panini
By: Toby Amidor
- Serves: 4 sandwiches
- Serving size: 1 sandwich
Cuisine: Main Dishes
Copyright Toby Amidor, The Best Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook, Robert Rose, 2020. Photo courtesy of Gail Watson Photography.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or light mayonnaise, divided
- 4 ciabatta rolls, sliced open
- 8 tsp Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken, divided
- 4 oz smoked Gouda cheese, cut into 4 even slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spread 1 tbsp mayonnaise on one half of a ciabatta roll and 2 tsp Dijon mustard on the other half of the ciabatta roll. Repeat for the remaining rolls.
- Layer the bottom halves with 2 or 3 apple slices, ¼ cup rotisserie chicken and 1 slice Gouda cheese. Place the top of the roll over the cheese to close the sandwich.
- Coat a grill pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add one panini and use a second skillet to gently press down. Cook until the bread is slightly toasted and the cheese has started to melt, 3 minutes on each side. Slice the sandwich in half before serving.